Translate

Saturday, March 22, 2014

DIY Mickey Mouse Notebook

So here I am after being absent for a while. So to backtrack a bit, I will be doing the DIYs on Saturday from now on. I also have some other things in the works. I won't comment on those "things" yet, but look for some mention in the future.

For this DIY you will need:

-1 Composition Notebook
-Roll of Black Duct Tape
-Roll of Duct Tape: Color or Print of Your Choice
-Red Fabric 
-2 White Buttons
-Black Rick Rack (Optional)
-Cutting Mat
-X-Acto Knife
-Scissors
-Hot Glue Gun and Glue Sticks

1. Cover the notebook in the duct tape of your choosing. I used a comic book style tape that I purchased at Michael's.

2. Make 1 large circle with black duct tape for the face. My large circle had a diameter of 9.5 cm. Also, make 2 small circles for ears with the same tape. My small circles had a diameter of 5.5 cm. Make sure to use a cutting mat to protect your surface. 

3. Also make a large circle with the red fabric with the diameter the same as the the large circle you created with the tape. 

4. Cut the red circle in half. 

5. Place the face and ears on the notebook to create Mickey. 

6. Take 1 red half-circle and hot glue it to the bottom half of the face.

7. Hot glue two white buttons on to Mickey's pants.


8. Use black rick rack on the top edge of Mickey's pants.

Done! I also made a Minnie Mouse Notebook. I personally prefer the Mickey Mouse version, but they both came out really well. 


No comments:

Post a Comment